Monday 24 November 2014

Military press nov 19

Great day. I feel like I've worked back to the overhead pressing mobility I had when I was much smaller, which has made my shoulders feel better aside from the current injury. Upper back work feels more solid now too, partly due to the heavier slightly bent over lateral raises i've been working in for assistance.

Military Press

Warm-ups up to 115

4 @ 125
3 @ 135
2 @ 140
X2

12 @ 100

Both pyramids felt very solid. It was my first day 3 and after finishing my second time through the pyramid I felt like I wanted to do something to top up the volume. I crunched some numbers and decided that I'd shoot for a set of 10-12 at about 70% of the heaviest weight I'd hit that day. That would make the overall volume comparable to Days 1 and 2. The set went perfectly, did 12 reps with 100lbs before technique started to get a bit sloppy and I was really feeling the injury. I have now built this back-off set (amrap at 70%) onto the end of days 3 and 6 in the program.

Dips 5 x 10

Lateral Raises slightly bent over 3 x 10 @ 35s

Slow EZ bar curls up to 80lbs x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment