Monday 17 November 2014

Deadlifts Nov 17

Really had to bully myself into this one. I left work around 330 but had to grab a protein bar on the way to the gym cause I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. I was feeling sluggish, my head was hurting from not eating enough and I didn't have my superdrive or creatine with me.

However, i've always believed that if pre-workout supplements are making the difference between hitting your numbers and not, either your training max is too heavy or it's all in your head. I decided to view today as a test to see if either of those were true for me.

Warm-up triples up to 315

Belt

6 @ 365
5 @ 380
4 @ 395

X2

First pyramid was okay, second was rough. The first four at 395 did NOT help to make 365 or 380 feel any lighter the second time through. My grip was fine but I felt like I wasn't getting much low-end torque from my glutes and my back was doing most of the work. I have to do box squats tomorrow morning so I guess that might not end up being a terrible thing. Also I'm supposed to rock climb later tonight. Should be... interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment