Tuesday 18 November 2014

Box Squats Nov 18 - What a terrible idea this was

I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen when I said to myself "Hey, I missed deads last week so I'll just sneak them in today after work, the evening before I box squat at 8 in the morning." If that weren't bad enough, I also went rock climbing with Steph till 11:30 and didn't finish supper and go to bed till 1. I've deadlifted and squatted on consecutive days before and I remember it being okay if not great, but I think all those times it was consecutive morning sessions, with three meals and a full night's sleep between. Anyway.

Warm-ups up to 315

6 @ 335 - Did it without wraps but posterior chain was fried and knees were shaky.
5 @ 345
4 @ 360
6 @ 335 - wrapped up this time, better
5 @ 345
1 @ 360 - The first rep actually didn't feel too bad but the combination of hunger, tiredness and soreness was getting to me and I was feeling lightheaded. I made an executive decision that I didn't have to prove anything by proceeding with three awful grindy reps. Redemption will have to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment