Sunday 5 October 2014

Three months? Seriously?

Okay, so I've seriously slipped on the blogging. I've started a new job selling Fords and BJJ has taken a back seat. Thankfully powerlifting is still doable thanks entirely to the flexibility of kinda throwing it wherever it fits in the schedule.

In sad news, i've got a pretty serious shoulder injury. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly when it happened but I aggrevated it while trying out John Meadows' 6way shoulder raises. Great movement, just wasn't a good idea to push it once the shoulder started feeling tweaky. The next day I could barely lift it and it hasn't gotten a lot better in the three weeks since despite mobility work every day and an ART treatment. I was up to 5 x 3 @ 270 on the bench pretty easy and snappy. Even box squats are difficult now because it's really painful even to set up under the bar, but they're doable so i've been hitting them hard. Today's training was pretty solid:

Warm-up triples up to 335

Single at 355 with wraps

5 x 3 @ 365 with wraps

I expected these to be harder, honestly. On wednesday i did 6 x 3 at 345 without wraps and it felt really strong and fast, knees felt good too but today I can't recall a single rep that felt grindy or slow. I've now hit doubles at 380 and 385 for three sets and it felt very good, looking forward to taking 390 for a ride in four weeks. 400+ box squats for me have been grounds where angels fear to tread but with the momentum i've got going I have no doubt that in 16 weeks i'll be hitting the big four oh oh for three doubles no problem. It's an awesome thought. Just have to stay focused, not skip steps and put in the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment