Tuesday 21 October 2014

Box Squats Oct 21 - Getting Closer

These were pretty awesome, aside from some slight issues with belt placement. It was riding up and interfering with how I like to hold my air. Nothing serious though.

Triples up to 315

Singles at 335 and 355

Wrapped knees

4 x 3, 1 x 5 at 370

365 was easy last week so as expected these weren't much different. Strong, fast and even felt confident enough to steal two extra reps at the end of my last set. Thinking back to how hard I had to work for my current PR of 390 x 1, it feels pretty awesome to be smashing a set of five after four triples at a weight which (until lifted otherwise) is damn near 95%.

From that statement, you can also probably imagine how I feel about staring down the barrel of my next workout, which will be the aforementioned PR for three doubles, likely without much drama.

Good. Good is the answer.

90 walking lunges

No comments:

Post a Comment