Wednesday 29 October 2014

Heavy Box Squats and Rowing - Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Very satisfying workout. Admittedly I was a bit worried going in. 390 is the heaviest double I've ever done so I tried to make sure I stayed properly hydrated and fed throughout the day. Had a great breakfast but got busy at work and didn't have anything else until some oatmeal with my pre-workout at about 4pm when I stopped at home. Felt okay when I got to the gym but still a bit hungry. I find it disconcerting to crave food while training.

Triples up to 315
Singles at 335 and 355 - did the 355 single without wraps

Wrapped up

1 x 375
3 x 2 @ 390

These were pretty satisfying, especially with the guy in the squat rack next to me yelling and screaming his way through some sets at 185. He also tied knee wraps around his thighs, not sure what was going on there.

225 x 15 - went for 20 but shoulder wasn't handling the load for that length of time very well.

Concept 2 Rowing - This is not fun right after heavy box squats. I rowed for 15 mins trying to keep the cals/hr above 1100. Lots of light headed, rusty tasting fun that was. Throwing in a lot more conditioning either along with or instead of assistance work since I've made the decision to travel to do at least one major tournament next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment