Tuesday 21 October 2014

Bench Oct 19 - Not out of the woods yet

I'm definitely happy to be back benching at all, but god is it awful. I've had to abandon my pipe dream of dropping back into the program where I was and instead just start from scratch finding a groove that allows me to work the muscle.

Triples up to 245

Double at 265 - was planning on a triple. It didn't... yeah, just no.

225 x 9
205 x 9
185 x 9

These were wierd. I was able to draw two conclusions - that heavy weight seems to bother my particular injury more than high volume, and that to a certain threshold around 225, the injury becoming a factor is time based.

It seems to take me about the same length of time to bench press for nine reps regardless of the weight, and at that point in time under tension the shoulder gives out. From these findings, it seems that sets of 6-8 between 70-75% will be a good approach to fully re-introducing the shoulder to the wild. Will test this theory next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment