Wednesday 15 October 2014

Roll-a-Thon Oct 10 and Box Squats Oct 12

Great workout. Not much else to say. I was going to do these Friday night but I did a roll-a-thon instead. Yes, my first night back after a four month layoff and recovering from a serious shoulder injury was a roll-a-thon. 

Basically it was a gathering of all the different Arashi-Do schools in the area and it was a great opportunity to get on the mats with some people I had never met and many that I had simply missed. All the higher level partners I had were great about keeping the roll solid but staying conscious of the injury. I'm very blessed that way, not many goons in our schools. I did six rounds overall before having to break for four to try to work the shoulder out. I figured at that point that if I needed twenty minutes to feel okay, that it was a good idea to call it a night. It felt so damn good to roll that even though I was inarguably set back a bit, i'm glad I went. Anyway, box squats:

Triples up to 335

Singles at 355, 375

3 x 2 @ 385

The shoulder was bugging me pretty badly but it felt a bit better with the heavier weight since I was keeping the whole body so tight. With lighter weight I was a bit lazier and the shoulder suffered for it. These were nice and clean, looking forward to attacking 6 x 3 @ 350 without wraps on sunday.

Leg press

Sets of 10 @ 90, 180, 270, 360, 450, 540, 630, 720

Walking lunges

2 x 30

No comments:

Post a Comment