Wednesday 29 October 2014

Bench Oct 26

This workout was admittedly kind of shitty but I have to maintain perspective. I've now built up great bench momentum and been hitting close to 300 for high volume training weights twice in my life, both times sidetracked by injuries. It's easy to mope about the fact that I'm having to take three steps back and a running start again but it definitely won't help and it might hurt.

Triples up to 245

265 x 3 - I was surprised I hit this, wasn't even close last week, but then...

265 x 2 x 2 - if after surprisingly finishing the previous triple I had tried another rep, it probably wouldnt have felt as hard as the second rep of these couple of sets. Awfulness.

225 x 8, 6, 4

This was okay. The shoulder won't be at the level for a while where I can handle weight and volume that challenges the rest of the structures that've been fine the whole time.

Close grip cable rows up to 250 x 6
200 x 15
150 x 20
100 x 20

Wide grip cable rows to chest

Painful but necessary. Didn't keep track of weight on these but it was light.

No comments:

Post a Comment