Saturday 2 November 2013

Oct 30th Trap Bar Deads and Sled Dragging

Alright! So... I've missed blogging a few workouts.

I'm very happy to be back deadlifting again though! I haven't deadlifted heavy since the neck injury in early August, and haven't gone this long without deads since I was like 18. Buying the trap bar was one of the best moves I've ever made. The high handles, neutral grip and foot position makes a world of difference, and since I'm so tall even the high handles are well below my knees.

One big difference is that with a traditional bar I usually do touch-and-go deadlifts, with the trap bar I do a dead stop every time.

Triples:

60 (Empty Bar), 110, 150, 200, 240, 290, 330, 380, 420, 440, 470

The triple at 470 was a little shaky but still felt good. The trap bar is a smaller diameter than the Cemco barbell that Brandon and I use for everything else, and the knurling isn't as deep so it doesn't take chalk as well but my grip still felt great. It'll take some getting used to.

Sled Dragging

370lbs - Dragged it approx 200m with a slow trudge using the harness

No comments:

Post a Comment