Wednesday 25 February 2015

Feb 22 Bench

This was awful. I've been shifting my weightlifting further a bit at a time as I've been preparing for the worlds in August but while I was expecting that, I didn't think it would make so much of difference that I would miss my numbers. My numbers are never based on the most I can possibly lift, they're based on the most I can lift quickly and cleanly. That way as a worst case scenario, the working sets are a bit grindy but at least they always get done. Not today, apparently.

Bench

Warmups up to 225

4 @ 250
3 @ 265
2 @ 280
4 @ 250
3 @ 265
1 @ 280
1 @ 280
1 @ 280
10 @ 200 close grip

On the very last set, what should have been an easy double and in fact WAS an easy double earlier in the workout became a mess. My first rep would feel nice and quick, then my second rep it felt like everything just shut off.

Kroc Rows - sets of 10 from 50 to 150

No comments:

Post a Comment