Sunday 29 December 2013

W1S3 - ME Upper Body

This was a good session, definitely felt worked afterward but I've got a ways to go, especially with body-relative strength.

Full ROM warm-ups @ 45, 95, 135, 155, 185

2-Board Bench

5s @ 185, 205, 225, 245, 265, 275, 285

285 still felt pretty good but I'm not consistent with where I'm touching the board. I need to dial that in if I want to break into the 3's in the next two weeks for this movement. The 2-board feels way better than the 4-board did, and it puts the bar pretty much right where I usually fail on max attempts so I'm excited about moving it up and seeing how well it carries back over.

Pull-Ups - My god was this disappointing. When I was 167 and primarily focusing on conditioning a set of 20 pull-ups was pretty easy. Since I started powerlifting I've now grown to 230 and added well over 330lbs on my total but apparently my body-relative strength has taken a big dip. As recently as a few months ago I did a set of 15 after a couple hours of rock climbing on their rock-hold pull-up bar so I was expecting to get 15 today, but ended up only getting 10. It's also possible that my lats were tired from the board pressing, but holy shit, 10?! This needs to change. Now.

10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (It said in the book to max out, then do five more sets at 50% each. I was pissed about doing sets of only 5 without any extra weight but I'd done 10 and that was reality. I had to suck it up and get through the sets.)

3-Way Dumbbell Raises - Burn baby burn. Even with 10's and 12.5's these were painful. 20 front raises (I like to go from a neutral grip by my sides to a supine grip at the top), 20 side raises and 20 rear raises without stopping.

Tate Presses (Book said dumbbell extensions but didn't specify what kind, so I chose these)

3 x 10 @ 25s, 30s, 35s

No comments:

Post a Comment