Sunday 29 December 2013

First Session of MAW Jim Wendler Program - DE Bench

This program has been great so far! The dynamic effort is feeling especially good, did ME upper this morning and felt much more explosive. It's also interesting doing the movements I usually do with slight variation (bench with different grips than usual, board pressing, box squats but with narrow stance and lower box). I'm going into workouts with a general idea of what to shoot for but not a clear expectation so every PR is a pleasant surprise.


Dynamic Effort Upper Body

Bench

8 x 3 @ 190 (used 315 as a training max, it's an old PR but it's still the heaviest I've done and I don't test my 1RM very often so I figure it won't kill me to set the bar a bit light)

4-Board Bench

Tune-Ups @ 190, 225, 245

3 x 3 @ 275, 295, 315

This was wierd as hell. I've only ever done up to a 2-board, and I've got long arms but the 4-board still seemed like a really tiny ROM. 315 felt pretty easy but I didn't have my training partner so I figured I would take the book's advice and leave some in the tank for next week.

Dumbbell Bench (slight incline to save the shoulders a bit, pause at the bottom)

Warm-ups

3 x 10 @ 65s, 75s, 85s

Double DB Bent Row

3 x 10 @ 70s, 80s, 90s

DeFranco 21's - 2 Sets Through

No comments:

Post a Comment