Sunday 21 June 2015

GS Circuit Wednesday, June 17

I was playing around more with the mini-pentathlon concept and decided I'd try doing 5 of each exercise per arm, in order, with each kettlebell size from 8KG to 28KG, without rest. I did kind of a 'rapid fire' transition from kettlebell to kettlebell - I lined all the kettlebells up in front of me and once I finished the last push press with my left arm, I'd do a downswing, put it to the side and at the same time get my hand on the next kettlebell to do the first clean.

The biggest challenge actually ended up being chalk. The whole process from beginning to finish was 22 minutes of straight work and because I wasn't taking breaks I couldn't re-chalk. My hands were pretty much completely un-chalked and sweaty by midway through my work with the 20kg bell, so I ended up having to grip the 24 and 28 really hard on the downswings so I wouldn't drop them. The snatches were particularly interesting. Overall the workout averaged out to about 5400KG of varied work in about 22 minutes, or roughly 245kg per minute. I wasn't trying for a particular pace since I had no idea what to expect. Next time I try it I think I'll allow a 10-20 second break between sizes just to re-chalk if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment