Friday 23 May 2014

Kettlebell Pressing May 22

I always bench heavy on sundays, and mid week I usually have what I call accessory upper body, relatively high volume (5-6 triples in the 70-82% range) and usually either close grip bench or floor press. Yesterday I was too busy in the morning so instead I got to Arashi Do early and did strict kb pressing instead. It wasn't too bad actually, considering it was unbelievably hot and it had already been a very long day at work.

KB strict press

Triples @ 8kg, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28

5 x 5 @ 32 (really focusing on lowering slowly, spooling up tension and firing it up fast. Felt a bit easier than I was hoping but solid. I'll use a 40 or add chains next time)

2 x 20 per arm @ 24kg long cycle strict press (relaxed drop into gs style rack after strict presses)

3 x 20 push-ups feet elevated superset with 3 x 20 band pull-aparts

No comments:

Post a Comment