Sunday 25 May 2014

Heavy Bench May 25

Solid workout this morning. First workout back on Assault after about six months off the stuff and I'd forgotten the wierd tingly sensation of beta-alanine so that was wierd but I felt good. I'm working my numbers off of Prilepin's chart but cut my training max back a bit because I'm trying to get away from heavier touch-and-go work and really sink the bar at the bottom. Some of my reps I held today for 3 full seconds before exploding up. I think once I get some momentum going with this it'll translate to some sick long-term strength gains for the cost of a bit of ego now.

Fives @ 45, 95, 135, 185, 225

6 x 3 @ 240, sinking for at least two seconds at the bottom and firing it up like I'm trying to throw it through the ceiling. It felt really easy so I'm already getting a lot more powerful, assault is working really well or both. I did 3 x 2 @ 265 last week and it went just as well.

Dips - Loving these lately. I can always do a couple of solid sets of 20 deep reps with a minute of rest so the main event is what I can do after another minute or two in the third set. Today I got 13.

Hammer Strength Iso-Row

10 per side @ 45, 90, 135, 180, one arm at a time, vertical low handles with emphasis on lats

20 @ 90 per side, both arms at once, high horizontal handles with emphasis on rear delts

50 band tricep extensions, 50 band curls with monster mini. Burn baby burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment