Friday 27 September 2013

September 27 Log Pressing

I'm definitely becoming a bit more competent with the log, though I've still got a long way to go. Damn training has been so touch and go lately between the wedding, moving and preparing for my black belt grading at the end of October. I'm going to try using my girevoy sport belt next time instead of my powerlifting belt. It doesn't allow for the kind of mobility required to set and clean the log. I see now why a lot of strongman competitors wear the big thick polypropolene belts instead of powerlifting belts for the atlas stone and log pressing events.

Warm-ups with barbell

2 x 10 @ 45, 2 x 10 @ 65

Strict Press with Log

6 @ 100
6 @ 120
4, 5, 4, 4, 4 @ 140

The second set felt way better than the others, though it still sucked. I think the clean was better - still trying to get used to the idea of flaring my elbows when I clean like in the EFS instructional videos.

3 Sets of Pull-ups

10 Underhand
10 Neutral
10 Angled

No comments:

Post a Comment