Thursday 5 September 2013

Log Pressing September 4, 2013

Today was the first day I got to play with my new Xtreme Monkey strongman log. I was planning on doing a baseline wave of 10's, 8's, 6's and 4's but it looks like I'm going to have to do more practice before I can put any relevant numbers on the board. I figured years of kettlebell pressing experience would have somewhat prepared me for log pressing but it turns out that log pressing is truly unique. I also haven't decided if the 5/3/1 log pressing day is going to be strict pressing or push pressing, or if I'm going to clean every time, or press it out of the rack. So many possibilities!

Anyway, the log itself apparently weighs 90lbs. Feels like a lot more than that right now.

90 x 10
110 x 10
140 x 1 (pressed it pretty easily but wobbled at the top and had to put it down... didn't feel good for the neck)
130 x 6 (felt WAY heavier than 130lbs should. Ego officially out the window)
110 x 10
90 x 10

Afterward I felt a very healthy pump in... well, the upper body. The whole thing. Everywhere. I can't believe how strong the upper back and traps on pro strongman must be to be able to keep the log stuck to the chest as they clean it when the thing weighs over 300lbs.

Afterward we loaded it into the power cage and did some floor pressing with it.

90 x 10
110 x 10
140 x 10
180 x 10

These were pretty smooth but still pumped up the triceps like crazy. I love this thing!

Video coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment