Tuesday 1 July 2014

Box Squats July 1

Happy Canada Day! I was surprised with the day off from work so I got to sleep in an extra half hour and take my time having something to eat and timing my assault this morning. As far as the programming goes, today is a high-volume, muscle-building and knee stabilizing day which means no knee wraps. Normally I'm a bit nervous going into these days because when I keep the rest times down they can be killers and I never know how the knees are going to feel, but I've had great momentum with squats lately and I'm coming off a very strong doubles day from before I went camping.

Triples @ 45, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275

Added Belt

Triples @ 295, 315

6 x 3 @ 335

Beltless Back-Off

21 @ 225

This was painful but awesome. Having the bar on my back that long pinched some nerves and I strained some muscles in the back of my neck, but I beat my 225lb PR by one rep.

One-Legged Press with slow tempo

Empty Sled

5 x 10 per leg

Hammer Strength Ab Machine

3 x 15, 2 x 15 per side obliques, another 15 straight on

No comments:

Post a Comment