Thursday 12 June 2014

Heavy Bench June 8

Kinda sucks doing heavy bench only a couple of days after accessory bench. Normally I leave 72 hours between two upper days or two lower days. I recovered pretty well though, might have had something to do with the 16oz of steak my wonderful wife had bbq'd up for me by the time I got home the night before. Brandon was busy so I once again had no spotter, which left me with a bit of a dilemma. I was supposed to do 3 x 2 @ 270 with a relaxed pause just like I did with the 5 x 3 @ 250 last week. Trouble is, I haven't done bench with a full relaxed pause that heavy before, and though I was confident I could pull it off, I knew that might change if I got into a bit of trouble without Brandon. The other side of the dilemma was that 3 x 2 touch and go with 270 would've been way too easy for a heavy day. I've done sets of six with 265. I decided I'd add a couple of sets, focus on speed and see how it went.

Triples @ 45, 95, 115, 135, 155, 185, 205, 225, 245, 265

5 x 2 @ 270

Still felt a bit easy. With a proper rest between I probably could've done five more sets afterward. Hard to believe what a huge difference a full relaxed pause makes.

Pull-ups - 3 x 10 with different grips

Dips - 5 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns and curls, don't remember how many.

No comments:

Post a Comment