Monday 13 July 2015

Slowly but Surely... Box Squats and Banded Leg Press July 6

Squats have been rough the last couple of months, and surprisingly not due to knee issues. Despite training camp and everything else my whole lower body has actually held together wonderfully. The trouble has been getting into position properly, as tightly under the bar as I should be for heavier lifts. I haven't had the same kind of shoulder mobility i'm used to. Last night though, I felt it again - that feeling of the bar being completely connected and nice and light out of the rack even with heavy weight.

Triples up to 315 w/o belt

Belt

335 x 3

Wraps

355 x 3, 365 x 5

365 x 5 wasn't in the plan but the plan is fluid right now. Honestly with how up and down everything has been injury-wise it would just be depressing trying to operate within the parameters of a program with set percentages. That'll have to wait till after Brazil, now when I lift it's about doing the best I can do that day. After the third rep at 365 I made a decision that heavier than this wasn't in the cards tonight, but I could squeeze out a couple more with this weight now that I had momentum. Felt really good as I'm fairly sure my best ever healthy set of 5 was around 375.

Leg Press - sets of 6 w/2 second pause at the bottom and 150lbs of band tension

90, 180, 270, 360, 450, 540

This felt good too. It had been a while since I'd done leg press in general but there's something about it with a pause and band tension that blows up my quads in a way nothing else does. I'm very glute and hamstring dominant when I box squat so it's a nice balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment